Saturday, August 20, 2005

carpe diem

so i'm out and about today -- freshman move-in day -- the usual: riding on the golf cart with mrs. debbie, taking pictures, greeting people, having fun visiting all my favorite RAs/RDs.

and now i sit at my computer after move-in, freshman cookout & ice breakers and i realize i'll never get to do that again.

after 3 years here... of being involved in the same things year after year and enjoying them more and more each time... i finally appreciate the value of tradition as well as the importance of the newness that comes from older people moving on and younger people coming in.

i intend to publish a full list in the next few weeks, but a few things that i need to do this year so that i don't wish i had:

- give lots of hugs
- leave "conversation time" in my schedule...long conversation time. one-on-one is the best way to communicate.
- participate in as many Mexican Mondays as possible
- meet grown-ups at church (and by that i mean "non-college students")
- go see shannon in d.c.
- take LOTS of pictures (mostly hilarious ones that make me laugh until my stomach hurts)

those are just a few of the things i need to decide now so that i don't regret later.

i can't believe i'm already thinking about all this stuff, but i feel like as soon as i go to my first class on wednesday, school will fly by. man.

p.s. -
to any of you "older kids" out there that might read this, don't laugh at my seniorness. let me have my catharsis. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel ya on the catharsis...and I love the list, especially the one where you come and visit me! PLAY FAIR Whooo!!! Oh how fun...enjoy it all, you'll do it all! I'll see ya in a few weeks. LOVE YA!

Mip said...

YES

we must figure something out

and to help with one of the other things on your list, i think we should try to share our first weekly reunion with brad....shfslsd....stop being busy, brad

Anonymous said...

Helluva speech at the medallion ceremony by the way! Better than the orientation speach! And heck, you even wrote it! Hmmmmmm or did you?

jinglchelle said...

YES i did write it....AND another one for the next day, thank you very much.

;)

tim jenkins said...

MY MEDALLION IS WRECKLESS
FEELS LIKE THE STUNNA HANGIN FROM MY NECKLACE

ps
its not true seniorness until you get realllll pissy

ask anybody, thats when you know its best if you do graduate
before you make your best friends want to kill you