Monday, December 12, 2005

for all you blog stalkers out there...

(okay, for all TWO of you)

ryan jones and word have both ever-so-nicely reminded me in the past week that i have not updated this thing in forever, so here goes nothing.

this week should prove to be quite lazy. i'm working everyday for aramark, but i don't mind that at all since i can come home at night and not have to worry about "homework." i think i'll go home on thursday or so...we'll see!

today, i ran into word at the gas station (almost literally ran into him). really, i was driving down the road and saw him getting gas and decided to turn in pretty quickly on impulse since i never get to see the guy anymore. we talked about lots of random things and he inspired me to write in my blog and even gave me a story idea, so here it is.

after lunch today i decided to pay a visit to the cu infirmary since my eye had been red in the corner for about 3-4 days. i found out that i have a scratched cornea. little did i know that putting these amazing drops in my eye for 5 days will clear that up, although i do have to wear my glasses for 5 days now.

i was going to include a picture on here of a scratched cornea, but i'm not finding anything good.

what else has been going on?

well, friday was my birthday and, as usual, i was rewarded with an exam...brit lit ii at 8am was a great birthday start-off. i was very relieved when it was over, though, and i definitely enjoyed the rest of the day.

katie put fliers everywhere with my face on them wishing me a happy birthday. i found that out when i went to take my books back to the bookstore and my huge winking face was on the door.

then katie, ian, clayton and i went thrift store shopping all afternoon, only to come back to a surprise party in the student center, which was definitely fun and definitely surprising. :)

that night, we went to bogart's in raleigh for dinner, which was f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s and then we came back for helen's 1st annual Christmas sweater party where i sported my red corduroy jumper and Christmas tree turtleneck (with white tights and red shoes, i might add). overall, it was a good 22nd birthday and now i give up on birthdays since none of them matter until i'm 30.

exams were okay...i can't believe i only have a semester left though...pretty overwhelming, and i'm sure it will only get worse. i'm going to start applying to jobs over Christmas, so that should be interesting...

and for now, i saw my goodbyes. i promise i'l try to think of something cooler to write about than a scratched cornea in the next few days...

3 comments:

Kate said...

golly it's good to see you posting again bff! :-)

hope you're having fun with no homeworkkkkk.

i know i am.

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!! Don't be such a "blog stranger" or a stranger!

Mip said...

for the record, there's nothing wrong with being a blog-stalker. at least in my mind. (cough)