Wednesday, October 20, 2004

it's been a hard day's night

wow...it's wednesday at 9:59am and it's already been a long, hard day.

the beginning of my day was great - i woke up and went to the 7am prayer meeting in the student center, which is always a great refresher on wednesday mornings, since you're at the point in your week where you are in definite need of encouragement. then i ate breakfast with kt, linds, nick, and melinda, and it's always nice to hang out with those wonderful people.

then i proceeded to drive to walmart to get my prescription, which finally got called in yesterday, which was an ordeal in itself. i got there too early this morning, only to find out that the pharmacy doesn't open until 9am, so i walked around the store, collecting a few things i have been needing. i went back to the pharmacy at 9, waited a few mintues, then when they opened, found out they were having computer troubles and couldn't give out prescriptions. they also didn't know how long this would take, so i had to come back to school since it was looking good for getting out of there anytime before i have to teach water aerobics at 11:00. i also had to leave behind the items i shopped for, b/c i don't exactly know how much my medicine will cost with the insurance amount taken off, since the actual cost is a whopping $97 and some cents....yes.....unreal, i know. oh, the wonderful life of healthcare.

i came back feeling pretty down b/c my joints are really aching for that medicine, but i thought "hmm, maybe my check finally came in the mail today...that would really cheer me up" so i stopped at the post office, only to recieve a notice from a collections agency in California telling me i owe the Santa Cruz county library system $60-some dollars for a missing book and late fees.....needless to say, my boss is returning the book for me since it's still in the house i stayed in this summer. i mean, it's totally all my fault, but there's not even a contact number on the notice or on my library card so that i can get in touch with anyone there and straighten this out so i can find out what i really owe after the book is returned. i even called 411, and they had nothing.

soooo, it's been a pretty loooong morning and i haven't even started classes yet.

the point of all this is, please pray for me this week at some point. i have two huge midterms on Friday and i would really like to write a story about Hope Stout for the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series...it's a long story, but it's a great opportunity. and of course, i have way too much to do in 3 days. i know it will all get done, but all of this added to my thoughts right now is just a lot to handle, especially when i'm feeling so badly. don't feel sorry for me, b/c i bring lots of it on myself, but please do pray for me. thanks!

No comments: