Saturday, December 04, 2004

oh what a night

well, tonight we went out for my birthday, all 20 of us, and what a time we had.

first we went to applebee's, where we were informed that it would be 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes, then found out that really, the manager had simply decided to cancel our reservation without telling us. so we called around cary, then decided on going to sweet tomatoes for dinner. it was a good choice and i think everyone really enjoyed it, so it didn't turn out too bad. fun was had for all, and the food was really great (at least mine was).

then we headed over to barnes and noble, where everyone looked around at books and some had coffee. it was nice just to hang out b/c it's definitely been a looong week. i'm actually looking forward to this week though...i don't really mind exam week. there's lots of time to chill out and i would rather be taking exams then writing papers and doing busywork, but that might just be me.

the highlights of the night?

- my wonderful friends who all came out to eat. like i said, it really didn't matter where we ate anyway, b/c having everyone there was really the point.
- the fact that those friends sang Christmas carols while waiting at applebee's and "welcomed" people to the restaurant as they came in.
- betty held a lighter over a piece of chocolate cake as a candle.
- i got to wear my new Christmas earrings, which made me happy!
- the bff (kt beck, in case anyone doesn't know that by now) gave me loveactually for my birthday. she actually brought it by this afternoon b/c she couldn't wait any longer. :)
- and matt oakley gave me my present also; something unmentionable under my campbell contract, but man, the simple fact that oakley bought it makes it 500x better. i almost cried with laughter....

so it was a great time. thanks to everyone who came out to dinner...i really appreciated your company and i love you all :)

No comments: