Sunday, June 26, 2005

(sigh)

this weekend was freshman orientation here in buies creek...

it was pretty surreal b/c i don't at all feel like a senior. i feel like it wasn't long ago at all when i came to orientation...bernie was in one of my sessions pretending to be a freshman, chad was my UFO leader, i met tommy burns in the reception line, and tim jenkins at the mass comm department stop.

it was just plain weird to be the old one....i don't know what to say about it, except that i was very jealous that these people are just starting college and i have to leave soon.

the speech went surprisingly very well...BIG thanks to tim jenkins for his inspiration. the sessions went well, as did the reception. i met some really cool freshmen, had some really good ice cream, and saw really good friends.

and we'll do this again in 2 weeks...

i think this calls for some freshman year pictures:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
me, linds, and katie at spring fling

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
jodi and i at chili's - the infamous "singing sensations" picture

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
rebekah, linds, katie, and i when people used to dress up for games

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
valentine's dance, put on by the freshman class :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
jeff and i at the sister hazel show

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
me and the future roomie!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
at the game before an SGA meeting...when I used to wear girl ties (and look! it's dave behind us!)

GOOD times.

14 comments:

Jeff said...

ahhh....good times.

Western Civ unfortunately did not allow pictures.

The Calvert picture made me remember my favorite Dave moment...well at least my favorite Dave basketball moment.

The Referee made a ATROCIOUS call. Dave stands up and shouts "I'VE GOT A LOT OF THINGS TO SAY TO YOU RIGHT NOW THAT I CAN'T". I almost fell out of my chair. One of the great taunts of all time. Christian college basketball, it's FANTASTIC.

tim jenkins said...

heh
remember the like 8 basketball games i went to
i tried to start the thing where we'd yell books of the Bible at opposing teams...

Anonymous said...

Ain't it crazy how you like blink and it's gone. Much love to all your Crazy Camels out there....HOLLA!

tim jenkins said...

how the hell am i in no pictures

jinglchelle said...

i didnt have a digital camera then, so theres not much to pick from...

i think i had some hard copy pictures with you though

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend is hot... :)
Bernie

Anonymous said...

.

Anonymous said...

Along with everybody else in the pictures... except Lail and David Calvert in the background...
Bernie.

Jeff said...

^that's not what your mother said, jerk

Kate said...

"I'VE GOT A LOT OF THINGS TO SAY TO YOU RIGHT NOW THAT I CAN'T"


hahahahahahaha. way to go campus minister intern. :-)

Anonymous said...

You start having me posting that you're hot we have a whole nother issue to attend to.
- Bernie

tim jenkins said...

yeah really
good job bernie

you really swang for the fences on that one...

GG

Anonymous said...

Better recognize Tim...better recognize.
-Bernie-

Mip said...

(sigh)

^my sentiments exactly

...we have one year left...and we are going to freakin make it count.

holla.