Wednesday, March 04, 2009

baby steps

last night i heard david johnson speak - he is the founder of "silent images," a nonprofit specializing in documentary photography to speak for those around the world.

it makes me very restless, antsy & (honestly) impatient when i hear someone speak and it is very clear that God has shown them their purpose in life and that they are right there in the middle of it. i don't think that i can really "do" anything to "find" my purpose in life and i know that God will reveal this to me at some point; i am confident in that. in the meantime, i do feel very strongly that i need to explore some of the things that "set my heart on fire" if you will...things that make passion well up inside of me...obviously these could definitely be things that, when explored, lead to the revelation of purpose.

_____________________________________


my cousin jamie has been in southern sudan since april 2008 (almost a whole year!) serving mainly in rumbek and living amongst the dinka people. i realized last night how uneducated i am about this part of the world (to include darfur) besides what jamie sends in her emails each month or so...so i am committing to learning and studying more about africa in general, but specifically sudan over the next year as my cousin dedicates her time and efforts to the people there.

if anyone has interest in learning more about jamie and her team, receiving their emails, reading their blog or even sponsoring them in any capacity, please let me know! also, here is a video highlighting the women that jamie works with everyday.

please pray for jamie & her team!


jamie, paul & whitney (her teammate)

1 comment:

Going Weston said...

First of all, anytime someone can reference Beyonce, you score points in my book.

Second of all what a great comment, thanks a lot! I have been thinking over those passages lately as well. My thoughts have rolled around what our actual purpose for each other is, what were our original personalities supposed to look like?
And I've also wondered lately...well, I might just blog this last idea. Thanks for your words though, they were great.