Monday, July 18, 2005

i haven't posted anything in awhile

today was good. i got a lot done at work, then i helped give out the keys for the camp i'm working with this week, so i felt productive there.

i have treatment tomorrow. FINALLY after about 12 weeks....i can't begin to tell you how much better i'll feel. so if you want to hang out with me in the next few days, it's pretty much a guaranteed good mood.

i've been thinking about my arthritis a lot lately, since every time i go down the stairs in this apt, my left heel seems to give out. there are so many things i know i COULD try to help my arthritis....wear supportive tennis shoes everyday, start eating only really healthy foods, give up my extracurricular activities since they sometimes seem to add stress when i already have enough just walking everyday.

but i just can't see myself giving up all these things -- flip-flops, chick-fil-a sandwiches, sga, activities, etc. -- when i only really have a year left for some of them and they make me happy. it just doesn't seem worth it to me. maybe that's stupid, but i just can't decide.

honestly, i get used to it. i mean, right now my hand is hurting from typing this already. so should i just never type again? no, b/c that equals unemployment. plus, this is what i like to do.

so sue me.

i really think i'll feel a LOT better tomorrow night though. so we'll see.

___________
p.s.
this is not at all meant to be a "feel sorry for michelle" blog. it's just what i've had on my mind. there are things in life like this for everyone. do you give up something you really love for the betterment of something else in your life? i'm sure everyone deals with these questions everyday.
___________

in other news, i get to go to kentucky with kt for her birthday at the beginning of august, which i'm really excited about. also, she's coming home with me the last weekend in july for lisa's 21st birthday extravaganza. i'm excited to see all my friends at home again!

and i'm a dorm dean this week and next for crosspoint camp. i'll be living in murray, which ought to be very interesting. and actually, i'm going to eat in shouse with tricia now since we get free meals. how about that rotisserie chicken?? ;)

4 comments:

Jeff said...

wise words

tim jenkins said...

HEY
UH
IF THEY GIVE YOU ANY PILLS
YOU KNOW WHO TO HOOK UP WITH THE EXTRAS

Mip said...

POOP

I MISS YOU GUYS

ONLY A COUPLE MORE WEEKS!! i swear, i don´t care if i will have just gotten back from a foreign country and moved into a new house immediately thereafter; i´m coming to CU to visit everyone as soon as i can.

Anonymous said...

From one treatment girl to the next...I totally understand what you're thinking. You're lucky you get to still do yours. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels great after a treatment. I've decided to stop mine for a while so I can concentrate on settling in DC, but...here's hopin that won't mess stuff up...the point to the comment...I FEEL YA!!!