Monday, June 09, 2008

build me up, buttercup

i just finished off a basically perfect weekend.

the funny thing is, there were quite a few not-so-perfect things that happened, but i honestly have not enjoyed myself and other people like i did this weekend in a long, long time. what a wonderful feeling :)

here are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend:


this was at approximately 3am on friday morning after we returned from britt's bachelorette dinner/lingerie shower/unexpected disco dance party in ballantyne.

her cousin mackenzie had come into town while we were gone, so she wanted to jump on him when we got back.

here we are headed up the stairs, trying to be "sneaky..."

me, stephen and lauren at my brother's high school graduation...next year he will be a mountaineer at app state university!

(here we're throwing up the "weddington high school" signs...all warrior graduates!)

on the way to the wedding, my car made a huge roaring sound on 485 right before our exit to 77.

after screaming and shaking, lisa and i got out to find that my tire tread flew off in the middle of the interstate.

her fiancee lee (hero of the weekend) came to our rescue and we made it just in time to get dressed and walk down the aisle. of course, we had to commemorate with a photo!

here we are, all grown up and reunited (even one from overseas!)
(lauren, lisa, brittany, me and maria!)




me & maria...i still can't believe she's here! what a breath of fresh air :)









ahhhh. it seriously made my life.
especially since brittany had the dj play "build me up, buttercup" at the reception. we LOVE it!

No comments: