Thursday, November 25, 2004

Well, it's officially Thanksgiving...

on this Thanksgiving at 1am, i am truly thankful for a lot.

to keep my tradition of lists that i like so much, here are just a few of the highlights:

~ God. this may sound like an easy answer, but even though i am barely beginning to understand just how thankful i should be, i am already overwhelmed.
~ coming back home to a family who is really happy that you're home
~ a school where i can learn and grow without being surrounded by blatent discouragement
~ an amazing boyfriend who teaches me everyday about seeking God with each step you take
~ wonderful friends, especially my encouraging, supportive, strong roommate
~ treatments and developments for arthritis....really.

and in keeping with the quote i put up about being thankful for little things, here are a few:

~ tonight. i had such a good time with old high school friends having dinner and hanging out at dozier's house...in the past, this has been somewhat awkward, but tonight was really so much fun and i had a darn good time playing knock-out. (and happy birthday to dozier, by the way)
~ friends like ben and aj, who make my face hurt by keeping me laughing for literally hours.
~ fall. as i was coming down my driveway this afternoon, it was beautiful.
~ starbucks in the fall/wintertime. yes, this is definitely small, but boy am i thankful.
~ movies that make me cry, because they teach me more about myself

anyways, i think that's all i can think of -- i'm pretty drained from writing my research paper for the past few days, then sleeping few hours and driving home. wow. time for bed!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! i am thankful that you're reading this :)

No comments: